Spread the word...
Air Berlin Reviews
"A company to avoid at all cost"
It was the worst company in my life:
- The sits were too small despite their "XL" size: I couldn’t fit in their sit. I upset my neighbours because of my legs. Without the automated reservation system, I would have paid an 34€ overcost!
- Between 1h30 to 2h00 delay on all flights: numerous families missed their flight or train connections.
- No communication: nobody was able to give us information.
- No organisation: we had to find the path ourselves to go to the plane.
A company to avoid at all cost!
"Very bad experience"
Customer service for this airline is just unbearable. They damage your belongings. They don't care about it. They lose your data and ask a few times to send them again. After 5 months of fight to get a refund, they finally accept to give me 20 euros when they damaged a whole suitcase! This is a bad joke. They are non professional and careless and they make you waste your time. I will never fly with this company again.
"Scaring take off"
After half of hour delay we start our takeoff run. In some seconds and some hundreds of meters the takeoff was aborted. We took the first taxiway on left. Captain announced that the abortion was due to another airplane on final landing. ( came in mind linage accident of some years ago). He announced a delay of some minutes (45 actually) and we went again on runway. After some seconds of acceleration the run aborted again, incredibly! Reason was there's a thunderstorm ahead of airport! More incredibly!!! On third attempt, 1 hour and half of delay we took off normally. Traffic control could have some fault too. I leave comments to readers.
I flew on a short 1hr 30min flight from oslo to berlin. I had a great time and my kids got a nice colouring book and stickers. Water was handed out midflight. Baggage collection was quick and eventless. Overall, i think airberlin is a good airline and should be flown again by others. Do i recommended it? yes.
"Not again, never ever"
I fly quite a lot and this was my second time on AB after a short flight to Crete in 1997. To make a long story short - the 2 biggest issues were:
- The narrow space between the seats, Ryanair has more space! That would be OK on a 2-3 hours flight, but not 12 hours (TXL-AUH-HKT and back). Terrible. I am 1,88m and did not know how to sit.
- Customer service: I do not know if the flight attendants earn enough or have zero training because they have no idea about customer service. At the end of the day I do not care - I want the best service for my money and I have to say that I have never - and I have been to almost 80 countries - experienced such unprofessional, often rude stewards. Two examples: I ordered special meals and on 2 of the 4 flights there were problems with it and the AB staff screamed the information about my special meal throughout the cabin. #2: I went to the kitchen for a second beer. The lady gave me a lecture in a very rude undertone that the supplies have to suffice for the return flight from HKT to AUH as well. All this, and more, has never happened to me before. The result for me is: AB and AUH never ever again. AUH is a mess too - everything is totally unorganised and everything works like on a bazaar. I know DXB and DOH as well. DXB and EK are the best and I love to use them.
I booked Air Berlin through a web site as I was comparing prices and trying to get the best value for our upcoming trip to Germany.
The airline was on- time, the cabins were clean but other than that I cannot say anything good about the airline.
I found the personnel at the airport INCREDIBLY rude and condescending it's as if they were paying us to fly with them. At first I thought the lady that waited on us at MIA was just in a bad mood but throughout our journey I found out that everyone was like that.
The stewardess are the worst I almost felt scared to ask them for something.
Yes the tickets were a little cheaper than with others airlines (not a lot) only Lufthansa had considerably higher prices(don't know much about their service).
I will not be considering Air Berlin on my future travels to Europe.
"Expect Absolutely No Help From Air Berlin"
Customer service is non-existent at Air Berlin. I forgot my cell phone on the plane on a flight from NY JFK to Dusseldorf and seem to have no chance of getting it back. I realized 5 minutes after getting off the plane that I forgot it but the plane was closed already and no one I spoke to would go back to get it. I had a transfer flight to Munich, so they gave me the phone number for Air Berlin's lost and found in Dusseldorf and told me they could probably send it to Munich if I called. The problem was that for the entire week of calling that number, and several others, no one would pick up or answer emails. On the way back home, I was able to get a claim number in Munich, and they confirmed that my phone was in Dusseldorf. I couldn't pick it up during the layover in Dusseldorf because my flight was delayed and I had to rush to catch my next plane to NY. I did speak to someone at the transfer desk in Dusseldorf again and was told they could not help me. Finally, back at home in NY, I was able to speak to the Lost and Found manager in Dusseldorf who was nice enough to tell me "Too bad, you can't get your phone. Our policy requires us to hold it until September, then send it to our central office. You can put in another claim there but chances are that you won't get it back". Hello!!!! You are talking to me, the owner! It is not like you don't know who it belongs to! Put it on a flight to NY and I will pick it up. You don't even have to pay for mailing it! Worst airline ever!
Don't use this airline if you want you luggage.
"LOST + DAMAGED BAGGAGE"
7 out of 8 pieces of the four of us were missing. After we filed at JFK, not only they did not fill out the reference number (which we realized afterwards) but also they NEVER picked up the phone number they provided in the next 5 days. After 4 days, 5 pieces arrived at 1:30 AM with two suitcases broken, the food in it gone bad and contents broken. I called Germany (the baggage center) several times to claim but no success in getting some one.
The people that I talked with say they cannot even track where the baggage is, although I have the tag number. Isn't this supposed to be trivial for a business whose job is to transport people and goods? Terrible terrible experience.
"Lost my bags"
Airbelin did what they do best. They lost our bags on direct flight from their hub airport.